- The Faculty of Economics, Administrative and Social Sciences (FEASS) was founded in 1984.
FEASS Mission & Vision
Given the developments in telecommunications and high technology services, the education sector has gone through significant changes in the last quarter of a century. Some of these changes are the direct result of, and accompanied by, the leading developments in the global labor markets; while some others are unique to Turkey.Â Thus, as a working hypothesis, we find it pertinent to highlight some of these structural shifts as they are likely to affect our institutional strategy at FEASS.
Among many others, the following stand out:
- Shift from specialization-based management to flexible forms of work organization â€“ with emphasis on collaboration, team-work, multitasking;
- Increased mobility internationally, both at the faculty and also at the student level;
- Wider use of interactive on-line education systems;
- Utilization of big data. In addition to the use of â€śrepresentativeâ€ť trends, averages, and /or median ratios, primary sources of data are increasingly utilized to understand the dynamics of the society; the idea of both small and large are beautiful;
- Increased recognition for the need for formation of the knowledge economy and society, and evidence-based politics;
All these meant a significant structural change in the nature and size of the spillovers from education and R&D: main source of productivity gains occur through learning by learning.
Based on these observations, our facultyâ€™s mission statement can be succinctly summarized as follows:
Theoretically engaged and empirically grounded research to address societal challenges with an educational emphasis on learning to learn within an integrated environment.
- FEASS comprises five Academic Departments with an outstanding reputation for excellence in teaching and research.
- FEASS departments offer international and interdisciplinary degrees at undergraduate and postgraduate levels:
The Department of Economics offers B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. degrees
The Department of History offers a graduate program leading to M.A. and Ph.D. degrees
The Department of International Relations offers programs leading to B.A., M.A., M.I.A.P.P. and Ph.D. degrees
The Department of Political Science offers B.A. and Ph.D. degrees
The Department of PsychologyÂ offersÂ a B.A. degree program
- Our international M.A. Program
“Tilburg-Bilkent Dual Master’s Program”Â (with Tilburg University, the Netherlands)
- Our international B.A. Program
“Global and International Affairs (GIA)”Â jointÂ degree dual diploma program (with SUNY, Binghampton, USA)
- Our interdisciplinary M.A. Program
“Masterâ€™s in International Affairs and Public Policy”
- At FEASS teaching is carried out through recourse to active learning methods and in collaboration with internationally renowned institutions of higher education.
FEASS professors have on nine occasions received Bilkent Distinguished Teaching Awards.
Please seeÂ Bilkent courses on the web for sample courses by FEASS professors.
- FEASS leads the field in Turkey and is recognized internationally for cutting edge research in the Social Sciences.
Please see a list of publications by FEASS professors.