On 28 December, GE440 and GE443 teams presented their projects to the panels of experts. Organized into twenty teams in total, both coursesâ students worked on their team projects intensively throughout the semester. In GE440, students discovered different dimensions of globalization in a transdisciplinary manner. Finally, on the panel day, teams of GE440 were in a fruitful academic competition in order to impress the panel of experts involving Bahar Ăelikkol ErbaĆ (TOBB-ETĂ), Ceren ErgenĂ§ (METU), Can Mutlu (Bilkent University), GĂ¶kĂ§er ĂzgĂŒr (Hacettepe University), Emine TokgĂ¶z (Turkish Competition Authority). The first prize went to project entitled âZeus is Fired!: Global Financial Crisis\’ European Questâ. Students of GE443 analysed multiple social challenges in Turkey by integrating different disciplinary perspectives and prepared their projects for the panel consisting of Kamer Karakurum Ăzdemir (World Bank), AslÄ±han MoÄulkoĂ§ (Ä°ĆKur), Ămer FazlÄ±oÄlu (European Union Delegation in Turkey), Refet GĂŒrkaynak (Bilkent University), Muharrem SarÄ±kaya (HabertĂŒrk and TOBB ETĂ). The project entitled âIs It Just A Garbage Or A Way To Charge Your Smartphone?â was awarded the first prize. In Spring 2013-2014, GE440 and GE441 will be offered to the senior students of Economics, International Relations, Political Science and Public Administration. For more information visit: Facebook-GE Â Courses page
1. Impact assessment of microfinance projects in Turkey and their effects on women enpowernment
2. Has anyone asked Fadime Teyze her opinion on launching HEC(HES)
3. Is it just a garbage or a way to charge your smartphone
4. The integration problem of Syrian refugees in the Metropolitans of Turkey
5. Alternative ways of Political Participation
6. A Turkish automotive trademark: Should we and could be?