On 28 December, GE440 and GE443 teams presented their projects to the panels of experts. Organized into twenty teams in total, both coursesÔÇÖ students worked on their team projects intensively throughout the semester. In GE440, students discovered different dimensions of globalization in a transdisciplinary manner. Finally, on the panel day, teams of GE440 were in a fruitful academic competition in order to impress the panel of experts involving Bahar ├çelikkol Erba┼č (TOBB-ET├ť), Ceren Ergen├ž (METU), Can Mutlu (Bilkent University), G├Âk├žer ├ľzg├╝r (Hacettepe University), Emine Tokg├Âz (Turkish Competition Authority). The first prize went to project entitled ÔÇśZeus is Fired!: Global Financial Crisis\’ European QuestÔÇÖ. Students of GE443 analysed multiple social challenges in Turkey by integrating different disciplinary perspectives and prepared their projects for the panel consisting of Kamer Karakurum ├ľzdemir (World Bank), Asl─▒han Mo─čulko├ž (─░┼čKur), ├ľmer Fazl─▒o─člu (European Union Delegation in Turkey), Refet G├╝rkaynak (Bilkent University), Muharrem Sar─▒kaya (Habert├╝rk and TOBB ET├ť). The project entitled ÔÇśIs It Just A Garbage Or A Way To Charge Your Smartphone?ÔÇÖ was awarded the first prize. In Spring 2013-2014, GE440 and GE441 will be offered to the senior students of Economics, International Relations, Political Science and Public Administration. For more information visit: Facebook-GE ┬á Courses page
1. Impact assessment of microfinance projects in Turkey and their effects on women enpowernment
2. Has anyone asked Fadime Teyze her opinion on launching HEC(HES)
3. Is it just a garbage or a way to charge your smartphone
4. The integration problem of Syrian refugees in the Metropolitans of Turkey
5. Alternative ways of Political Participation
6. A Turkish automotive trademark: Should we and could be?